At Agilis, we are committed to both continual improvement and professional development. As testament to our continuously high standards and ethos of providing quality products and services to our customers, we are members of various professional organisations and trade bodies as well as hold a number of accreditations.
Cyber Essentials Plus
Health Improvement Scotland
COHPA - Member
OEUK - Member
NOF - Member
Aberdeen Chamber - Member
Achilles - 00056110
Scottish PA Network - Member
Africa CDC - Trusted Travel Partner
About Agilis Health
Agilis Health are leading experts in the provision of healthcare screening and diagnostics.
With a wide and varied level of professional expertise across the UK as well as UKAS accredited lab facilities and an innovative customer service hub, Agilis can provide single and multiple screening and diagnostic solutions to both individuals and organisations at different locations.
Find out more about how we can help.
What do I need to do in order to travel to the UK?
All international arrivals into the UK who are not fully vaccinated will need to quarantine for 10 days on arrival and take covid-19 tests on or before day 2 and on or after day 8.
For all international arrivals into the UK who are fully vaccinated will need to take a covid-19 test on or before day 2 upon arrival and will not need to quarantine.
Before an individual who isn’t fully vaccinated travels to the UK, they must:
- Take a coronavirus (COVID-19) test and get a negative result during the 3 days before you travel
- Book and Pay for a travel test package, which will include COVID-19 tests to be taken on or before day 2 and on or after day 8 of the quarantine period
- Complete a passenger locator form with details of where they will home quarantine on arrival and the travel test package booking reference number
For more information and guidance please visit: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/how-to-quarantine-when-you-arrive-in-england
How long will it take my sample kit to arrive?
Monday to Friday for bookings received before 3pm, the sample packs will be sent out same day, for next day delivery. For bookings received Saturday before 11am, sample packs will be sent out same day, for delivery on Monday.
For bookings received after 11am on Saturday, and/or on Sunday, sample packs will be sent out on Monday, for delivery on Tuesday.
If your requirement is urgent, alternative fast track delivery options can be arranged for an additional fee, including private courier.
Please call Agilis Customer Service on 01224 081031 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
What are the different types of COVID-19 tests?
There are two main types of test:
Antigen Test: this tests for the presence of a virus in a sample. There are ranges of tests in this category from ‘gold standard’ tests that are done by an accredited lab to more of screening solutions that require little to no equipment and are able to provide results in 8-30 minutes
Antibody Tests: this tests whether someone has developed antibodies and had the virus previously.
What does an antibody test involve?
There are two different types of Antibody tests:
1) Lab based Antibody test- a test kit is used to gather blood from a patient which is then tested in the lab. These are usually referred to as ELISA tests. They are extremely accurate and able to let you know if you had the virus and developed antibodies as a result of this.
2) Blood prick tests- these test kits can be used by trained professional to determine at point of care whether you had the virus. A small blood prick is taken and used in a cartridge to do the diagnostic.
Can you test people at my workplace?
Yes, we provide a number of solutions from regular lab based testing to developing regular screening programmes.
In the first instance we propose designing and agreeing clinical governance approach to workplace testing and then we provide a solution to support this.
Can you offer remote-only testing?
Yes, we have a number of remote solutions if you decide you only want to do ad-hoc testing.
Current mutation of SARS Cov-2: D614G SARS COV-2
Mutated position by SNPs (single nucleotide polymorphism)
Nucleotide change at 23,403 base of RNA from adenosine (A) to guanine (G)
Mutated at D614 on the Spike Protein (SP)
enhancing the binding affinity to ACE2 receptor
no mutation on the nucleocapid protein (NP) of Sars Cov-2
In summary this has no impact on our ability to successfully detect covid-19
The Agilis Health refund policy is as follows:
- If the sample pack has not been dispatched at the time of cancellation a full refund can be offered
- If the sample pack has been dispatched, the pack can be returned and the order cancelled with a fee of £50 plus VAT being applied. The refund will be offered, minus the cancellation fee of £50 plus VAT
- Once the sample pack has been used to take a sample, or has been tampered with, full costs remain and no cancellation or refund is available.
- Where applicable, referring to the above conditions, refund amounts will appear in your bank account 7 days after receipt of the returned sealed untampered sample pack
- No refunds will be issued for Day 2 bookings (Green countries) and Day 2 & 8 bookings (Amber countries)
Test to Release – best time to book tests
Please note if you are booking Test to Release, the earliest that the sample can be collected is during the course of day 5 of your quarantine, with day 1 commencing from the time that you arrive in the UK. This means that you are able to book a test on day 1 of quarantine, get pack in time and arrange a video call appointment for day 5. This would allow us to get the sample to the lab the day following your test and then issue your result typically within 12-18 hours of it getting to the lab (guaranteed within 24 hours of the sample getting to the lab).
Fit to Fly
Many governments and airlines require that a test for COVID-19 be taken prior to travelling. The rules differ by government and airline and some accept antigen tests, some only accept PCR tests and there is little consistency as to the timeline requirement for the test result, but typically it is 48-72 hours prior to travel. Please check specific requirements prior to booking the Fit to Fly test.
Where is the clinic?
Typically Agilis operates a home service. Our service includes a video call with one of our nurses that is able to guide you through the sample collection process. As such we are able to offer our service nationwide.